COVID vaccine is a must for employment
The Williamsport Home, situated on an 86-acre gorgeous campus, proudly continues its long-standing tradition of caring by providing compassionate service and employment for nearly 150 years to the greater Lycoming County.
Join our team and our family and become part of our rich history!
The Williamsport Home offers extremely competitive wages and benefits and a work atmosphere that is second to none!
Our mission is to provide our residents with the highest quality of care, while honoring their independence and dignity.
The Admissions/Marketing Director facilitates the admission of new residents and administers the marketing plan for The Williamsport Home. The Admissions/Marketing Director interacts with hospital discharge planners, family members, physicians and others considering the admission of a person to The Williamsport Home. This position screens admission candidates, works with other Social Services/Nursing staff and coordinates the admission process. In addition, the Admissions/Marketing Director works to develop effective relationships with referral sources, including hospital discharge planners, social services agencies and the medical community. This position works with the Nursing Home Administrator to plan and develop census initiatives and provides ongoing education regarding local competitors, regional health care trends and other relevant market information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
BS/BA with healthcare experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred in long term care, community services and/or marketing.
- Must demonstrate an educational, volunteer services or employment background that indicates an understanding of the social and psycho-social needs of the elderly.
- Strong background in marketing/sales to older adults and/or recruitment.
- Requires excellent customer service and competencies, including excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills and the proven ability to develop effective referral relationships with potential and existing customers.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees, colleagues, customers, clients and vendors at all levels.
- Possess working understanding and experience with Medicare/Medicaid insurances, public and private insurance requirements and guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts external comprehensive medical assessments of prospective residents within one business day of referral. Determines acceptance based on clinical capabilities of the community and payor verification.
- Responds to inquiries and makes follow-up contacts with discharge planners, family members and others who contact the facility regarding the prospective admission of residents.
- Markets SNF rehabilitation and nursing services to the community by conducting daily visits to hospital social worker/discharge planners; hospitalists, physician offices, rehabilitation centers, clergy, senior centers, support groups or potential referral sources to develop/maintain census.
- Visits prospective candidates and evaluates them with respect to assessing care needs and appropriate placement options; conducts advance screenings as may be required by State and Federal regulations. Represents The Williamsport Home campus in community to raise awareness of care and services by presenting professional programs to churches, AARP groups and AAA, etc.
- Interviews residents/families as necessary and in a private setting to obtain information concerning the residents’ needs.
- Facilitates the admission of new residents, often working with other social services and nursing staff.
- Responsible for developing and updating admissions packet and completing admission packet and copying insurance cards, etc.
- Informs residents and families of resident’s rights.
- Schedules regular visits to area health-related facilities and provides current information about facility programs and services.
- Provides staff support directly related to Medicare and Medicaid admissions and assists nursing staff with admission process, if needed.
- Provides information to residents and families as to Medicare, Medicaid and other financial programs available to resident.
- Obtains and maintains a detailed understanding of the levels of care available on The Williamsport Home campus.
- Maintains the confidentiality of resident care information.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner consistent with facility policies and procedures.
- Maintains a safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices, assuring resident safety.
- Assists in the development and implementation of an ongoing quality assurance program for the Admissions Department.
- Serves on various facility committees as requested by the Executor Director.
- Remain abreast of managed care initiatives, including varying levels of coverage among numerous payor sources, including Medicare, Medicaid and private insurers.
- Maintains a record of information and provides periodic activity reports, as directed by the Executive Director, with respect to inquiries received and the ultimate placement disposition of prospective admission candidates. Responsible for weekly referral reports.
- Maintains a detailed understanding of payment agreements and other agreements between residents and the families, and accurately interprets them to residents and their families.
- Serves as a source of information to community groups, social services agencies and others regarding the facility’s capabilities, staff and fee schedule.
- Responsible for management of Admission Department’s walk-in tours and telephone referrals.
- Responsible for quarterly goal driven marketing plan with specific objectives and tasks needed to achieve targeted budgeted census occupancy, payor mix.
- Reviews admissions and discharges. Discuss possible room changes or transfers and coordinates all pre-admission activities including the PA-SSAR-ID form.
Please contact our Human Resources Manager, Jill Livermore at 570-323-8781 X 1124. You can also fill out an application online at www.thewilliamsporthome.com