THE WILLIAMSPORT HOME
POSITION TITLE: NURSES AIDE
DEPARTMENT: ASSISTANCE IN LIVING
(Apartment & Woodland Vista)
SHIFT: 1ST, 2ND, 3RD
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist in the basic nursing care to provide quality
care of resident’s in the Assistance in Living
Program under the supervision of LPN’s and/or
- Answer call bells to determine Residents’ needs.
- Bathes, grooms, provide oral hygiene, dresses and undresses Residents’ or assist as directed.
- Serves meals, cleans up after meals, and returns the food cart to the main kitchen at Woodland Vista. Apartments, collect trays, clean them off and return them to the dining room and supper duties as assigned.
- Feeds or assists Residents’ with eating and/or drinking. Pass supplements and snacks.
- Assist in ambulation of Residents’. Transports and transfers Residents’ when necessary.
- Measures and records temperature, pulse, respirations rates and blood pressures.
- Recognizes and reports change in condition of Residents to professional.
- Bed making and changing of linens.
- Wash, dry, fold and put away Residents laundry and linens.
- Keeps working areas clean, orderly, and safe.
- Clean and straighten up Residents suites and all common areas including the dining room. Housekeeping includes dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, washing windows, cleaning toilets, sinks, tub, shower, refrigerator, counter, tables, etc. at Woodland Vista.
- Clean and straighten up Residents apartments all shifts. Clean and set-up dining room on the 2nd and 3rd shift.
- Attends in-services as required by the facility and per regulations.
- Assist Residents with self-adminstration of medications.
- Assist Residents with IADL’s (writing, using the phone, shopping, laundry, activities, etc).
- Assist with activities, crafts, sing-a-longs, devotions, socials, games, cards, bingo, etc.
- Place medication orders on the order sheet. Report when getting low on a medication.
- Maintains a safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
- Provide treatments as ordered and directed.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Keeping all necessary documentation up to date in regards to the Assistance in Living Residents.
- Respond to all fire alarms.
- Respond to emergency calls at all apartment buildings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Enrolled on the Nurse Aide Registry in Pennsylvania or states with reciprocity with Pennsylvania or able to achieve enrollment through 80 hour training course and testing.
- Ability to read, writes, and understands English well.
- Some knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Current CPR and 1st aid certification.
- Current Diabetic Training.
- Current Medication Certification.
- Work independently with direct and indirect supervision.
Involves frequent standing, walking, carrying, pushing, pulling, forward reaching, bending, hand, arm, and finger use. Occasional sitting, lateral and low reaching, kneeling, pushing, twisting, crouching overhead reaching, climbing or stepping downward, and lifting. Rare to infrequent overhead reaching, climbing, or stepping downward. Lift 140 pounds on average. Push/pull 300 pounds approximate wheeled weight. Carry 15 pounds.