Please contact Human Resources at 570-323-8781 for more information on this position.
Position Summary: The primary function of this position is to oversee and supervise the total delivery of nursing care and related services for all residents and in compliance with all federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations which govern the facility, and, as directed by the Director of nursing Services and/or the Administrator so as to ensure each resident’s medical, psychosocial and spiritual needs and wishes are met effectively and efficiently on a continuum.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
1. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and in possession of a valid license issued by the Commonwealth of PA.
2. Minimum of one (1) year experience in a long term care setting.
3. Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
4. Ability to read, write and speak English.
5. Ability to follow oral and written direction.
Duties & Responsibilities: Registered Nurse Supervisor
1. Plans, organizes, directs and provides resident care and services according to physician orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care.
2. Administers drugs and treatments in compliance with facility policy and procedures.
3. Assists in the development and maintenance of resident assessments and interdisciplinary plans of care.
4. Makes daily resident rounds, addressing and correcting any necessary operational issues as indicated, making verbal and/or written reports for the Director of Nursing Services.
5. Performs venipuncture to obtain blood specimens.
6. Initiates and maintains IV therapy including the administration of IV medications.
7. Uses infection control techniques to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
8. Maintains a safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices..
9. Assists subordinate positions in rendering of care and services as necessary and/or directed.
10. Answers resident call bells, regardless of assignment.
11. Adheres to, up-holds and enforces all facility policies and procedures.
12. Completes various documentation and reports as directed.
13. Monitors and supervises the work of the L.P.N.’s and Nursing Assistants so as to ensure the needs of each resident is met on a continuum.
14. Assists in interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training/orienting and initiating disciplinary actions as warranted.
15. Attends all department meetings, educational programs, etc., to the Director of
16. Actively participates in overall facility management and makes recommendations
for quality improvement.
17. Reports any supply/equipment needs, repairs, etc., to the Director of Nursing Services.
18. Responsible for processing employee health directives regarding work-related
19. Reviews policies and procedures, makes recommendations as warranted.
20. Adheres up, upholds and enforces all regulations and recommendations of the Department of Health, the Health Care Financing Administration, the Department of Public Welfare, etc.
21. Participates on various committees as assigned.
Miscellaneous/Other (Exhibited 100%)
22. Assumes all other duties as assigned.
23. Maintains a professional, customer-oriented demeanor at all times.
24. Works within a team concept and is thus cooperative with co-workers and peers.
25. Maintains confidentiality of information.
26. Represents the facility in a positive manner.
Whichever specific health issue you're currently facing, we'll be more than glad to
give you a pre-appointment, free consultation on it!