Hours are 7am-3pm with weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Maintains apartment building in a clean and orderly condition under the supervision of the Apartment Manager.
- Cleans all public areas of the building on a regular basis including:
- Stairways and stairs
- All building entranceways
- Wet mopping of compactor rooms as needed
- Spot cleaning of spills, etc. as needed
- Vacuums dining room after lunch and before/after any functions held in the dining room.
- Dust mops, wet mops and spot clean floors using mops, scrub brushes, cloths, solvents, and occasionally power cleaning equipment.
- Clean and prepare empty apartments for new resident. This includes:
- Drapery/window treatment
- Kitchen cupboards inside and out
- Bathroom fixtures and fittings
- Lighting fixtures
- Shampooing/cleaning flooring, walls, tiles when required
- Collect and empty waste cans from work and public areas into large receptacle
- Launders rags, mops, aprons, curtains in public areas or arranges for cleaning of latter.
- Requisitions cleaning supplies or other items as directed.
- Arranges cleaning of resident’s draperies between occupancies; reports any damage to them.
- Helps serve midday meal.
- Sorts and delivers mail to residents’ mailboxes.
- Recognizes and reports changes in behavior and condition of resident to Apartment Manager.
- Maintains record of areas cleaned.
- Maintains a safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
1. Performs other work related duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
1. The ability to understand and follow directions as given.
2. The ability to work with minimal supervision.
3. The ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Frequent standing, walking, carrying, forward, lateral and low reaching, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, hand, arm, and finger use. Occasional carrying (10 pounds), squatting and overhead reaching. Rare to infrequent climbing, crawling or stepping downward. Push/pull 90-130 pounds wheeled weight. Lift 40 pounds (mop, bucket)
- Frequent wet floors.
- Body fluid exposure—universal precautions.
- Occasional dust, fumes, noise.
- Hard floor surfaces.
The Williamsport Home is an EOE.
Please contact Debbie Loner our Human Resources Manager at 570-323-8781 Ext. 1124 or go online to complete an application at wwww.thewilliamsporthome.com