COVID vaccine is a must for employment
$2,500 sign-on bonus
The Williamsport Home Van Driver is responsible for transporting residents on errands, for doctor appointments, transport new admissions to facility, and other necessary transportation needs as they arise in a safe and courteous manner.
- To provide safe, courteous and timely transportation for The Williamsport Home skilled nursing and apartment residents.
- Insure the safety of residents loading and unloading the vehicle.
- Provide assistance with resident packages/bundles as necessitated.
- Transport ambulatory and wheelchair bound residents.
- Communicate with The Williamsport Home via cell phone regarding passenger pick up and drop off:
- The van driver will maintain a log of the time leaving the facility for the appointment or pick up, date of transport, person being transported and purpose of trip.
- The van driver will telephone the receptionist so that the nursing personnel are aware of the resident’s pending arrival.
- The van driver will transport the resident to the appropriate unit and inform the nurse (as well as deliver any medical information sent with the resident to the nurse, if applicable).
- The van driver will log in the time of return to the facility
- The van will be placed in the designated parking area near the maintenance garage/smoke shack.
- Keep van maintenance records and communicate to the maintenance supervisor when service is required.
- Maintain daily mileage logs.
- Ensure that the vehicle is clean after each van run.
- Maintains a safe work environment and exhibits safe work practices.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing
- Must have a current, valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and a verifiable, safe driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, speak and follow instructions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be CPR certified
Please call Gina Champion, our Huiman Resources Manager at 570-323-8781 extension 1124.